Friday 22 November 2013

Advise needed over a 10 dollar matter

Living around Dhoby Ghaut area in Singapore is good.
But what's good when your janitor/cleaner starts to ask to borrow money from you?
Ok, I'm telling this story to hear some advise: Good or Bad.
It is not about generosity, stinginess or stupidity.

I came back from my daily routine aka Grocery shopping.
As usual I always have my ipod (earplugs) on.
Every time whenever I bumped into the man, I'd take one side off and said "Hello".
For this ONE TIME, he replied something apart from "Hello".
I couldn't really hear him so I took both of my earplugs off to hear what he was saying.
And so he quote "Can I borrow 10 dollar?"
Just like that!
I was in shocked (of course) because I haven't had such situation with janitor/cleaner.

There was no reason why he was asking to lend him my money.
(Not out of pity) I lend him the 10 dollar and he said to return it tomorrow.
Today is the 22nd of November and he asked for it on the 20th November.
Which means he didn't do what he told me on that very day... To return it on the next day.

Alright, it is only 10 dollar... I know it's not a big deal but money don't grow on trees.
Not to me!
I don't know if I should talk to the management for this kind of behavior.
I don't know if he did that to anybody else or was it just me (Unlucky)?
I don't want to be the one who's looking for him to ask for my 10 dollar back.
At the same time, I don't want to be the bad guy to talk to the management about him.
But I wish the management would be aware of his actions and wrong doing towards tenants!

I've been very nice to this janitor/cleaner for the past 2 years since I moved here.
I gave him loads of clothes that I don't wear much and said to give it to his wife or family.
I gave him my big Care Bear and said to give it to his daughter (if he had any)!
I gave him curry laksa paste I got from a supermarket which I don't eat.

Sometimes I don't know what he did to all the stuffs I gave to him.
Did he sell it off as a second hand items?????
After this money borrowing issue, I doubt I'd want to help him as much as I used to.
I felt like he's taking an advantage from me just because I'm cool with him.

10 dollar today, who knows 100 dollar the next time around?
I don't want to be paranoid over 10 dollar but I need advise.
Anybody???

No comments:

Post a Comment