Thursday 22 November 2012

Malaysia Delicacy

One of Penang delicacy is the famous flat rice noodle called "Char Kway Teow". It is stir fried commonly with dark soya sauce, chilli, prawn, bean sprouts, eggs and other stuff.

Bear in mind that char kway teow is very heavy and oily which simplify as unhealthy food but if you had the chance to visit penang, spare a time to try. 

I went to Lorong Selamat because it has been known for a very long time that they serve the best rice noodle. 8-10 years ago, it used to be RM3.50/portion and it has been increasing every year and to my surprise, it is now RM8. Can you imagine how much they make everyday? With that kind of price, they would be a millionaire soon!

Before she (the cook) became incredibly famous, she was already known for her bitter personality. You can imagine what happened after she really got famous! On the brighter side (for HER), she has an apprentice (older than her) to cook too. She has so many customers that she needs to have one helping hand. 

So here we go, I was utterly disappointed with my dish which somehow wasn't complete. I mean some of the ingredients weren't on my dish. My rice noodle wasn't as flavorful as it was before. We paid a full RM8 for what it was supposed to be cooked by the REAL cook but instead it was served by the apprentice's cook. Of course I wasn't too happy! I can get a good RM4-5 bucks rice noodle else where so why do I need to pay RM8 served by another cook? Ridiculous!

Bottom line, I don't think I would go back to that shop again but if you would like to experience it, try it out ;).

And don't forget a refreshing coconut drink freshly cut on the spot. There are 2 types:- Pandan coconut (RM3) and the normal one which will definitely cost lesser. But try out the Pandan! Find them at the end of "Abu Siti Lane". 

Enjoy one of the famous Penang Delicacy and I hope you will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment